I'm no pro but always happy to help! If you've got any questions or just need some unbiased opinions on your RC setups shoot me a message at: supatimhanstine@msn.com

Sunday, June 10, 2012

EG Aircraft 100cc MX2

It's been a few weeks since the Big Bird meet and there's so much to catch up on!  First and foremost is my new Big Bird Hucker from EG Aircraft.  With the death of my SBach I was in need of replacement in the 100cc class.  Good fortune presented me with a deal I couldn't refuse on an MX2 that was all up and ready to go with little to nothing for time on her.  From the videos I've seen and feedback from other locals I wasn't going to be disappointed!


The new bird is a 100cc class EG Aircraft MX2.  It's a slight color variation of the Gary Ward scheme but the true patriot in me fully embraces the homage to Captain America!  The DLE-111 and canister mufflers yank the 27 lb plane around like a rag doll while Hitec HS-7955TG's keep it locked in with literally double the torque necessary.   


Initial flights revealed that CG is dead on with the factory recommended position.  Even with the weight of canisters mufflers to keep her quiet and a scale pilot from Red Aero RC she tracks straight as an arrow both upright and inverted.  A little tuck to the gear in a true knife edge, but nothing a 3% rudder to elevator mix couldn't fix!



With the plane all dialed in a few dozen daytime flights under my belt, why let the fun stop when the sun goes down?!  I'll keep it short and sweet and let the pictures and video tell the story, but the lights by Aurora RC are AMAZING!!!


Bottom line this is one of the best 100cc birds I've owned yet and I'm looking forward to many, many flights to come.  Stay tuned for more catch up on the last 30 days of mayhem at the NCC!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm currently building an MX2 with a 2.2m wingspan. Construction is going well and i'm not far off covering and finishing. I have been trying to source a cowl and a canopy so far without success. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hi, did you manage to find the canopy? I also need it after a soft landing on my back lol

      Delete