I'm no pro but always happy to help! If you've got any questions or just need some unbiased opinions on your RC setups shoot me a message at: supatimhanstine@msn.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

35% Aeroworks Extra 260 and Aurora RC lights!

Chalk up another happy customer to Valley View, Aeroworks, and Aurora RC!!!  A few weeks ago I maidened my 35% Extra 260 from Aeroworks with my trusty DLE-111 and DLE canisters.  My goal was to have a giant scale plane that still flew like a 50cc "hucker" but met the 90db noise restrictions enforced by a few local clubs.  Along with Hitec HS-7955tg servos all the way around, it far surpassed my expectations and is easily the best flying 35% plane I've flown yet!


Since it's part of their "Quick Build" series the whole thing went from box to air in less than a week!  They claim 8-10 hours, but I'd hate to see what one looks like that got pumped out the quickly...  In true Aeroworks fashion fit and finish was perfect and CG was exactly where expected.  The only hiccup along the way was correcting the airflow over my overly sensative carb with the provided baffling kit.  


I only had a dozen or so flights on her before I took her to the 2012 IMAA event this last weekend, but that is where I finally had the chance to stretch her out and let her shine!  The Red Aero scale pilot and Sulliven Skywriter were just a few of the finishing touches. Little Tim was the best pit crew ever and couldn't help but shine Dad's plane and tow it back after every flight! (Look at his hand...)


When I was confident she was dialed in and ready, the fun really began with the Aurora RC lights!  The visibility is excellent and even far away can easily be oriented.  This is the 3rd plane these lights have been on, but so far they have been tough and bright, even when stress tested on a "hard landing..."


Thanks to Tim Roy for shooting a great video of my maiden night flight on this big bird!  The big 260's color scheme was easy to orient in the sky and could be easily seen even on the widest passes.

Tim Hanstine flying his giant plane at night from Tim Roy on Vimeo.


Overall it was all a great success and I hope to keep this one around for a while!  Even the last few tanks have become more comfortable, and the way I outfitted her I know it'll be a while before I outgrow her (if ever at all!)

No comments:

Post a Comment