I'm no pro but always happy to help! If you've got any questions or just need some unbiased opinions on your RC setups shoot me a message at: supatimhanstine@msn.com

Friday, March 2, 2012

3DHS 51" Slick and plug and play lights!

It's been a cold, windy, wet spring but it won't stop me from having some fun!  A few weeks back I picked up the new 51" AJ Slick from a buddy on RCG.  I teetered between my faithful 48" Edge and the new Slick as they both use about the same power system and were similar in size.  Boy was I wrong...


Not only is the Slick 3 inches bigger in both length and wing span, it's a much bigger fuselage.  Don't get me wrong, the 48" Edge is an amazing platform for extreme aerobatics, but the Slick makes the same maneuvers seem effortless.  You do sacrifice a few ounces in weight but it translates to just enough mass to lock into rock solid harriers and rediculous pop tops and KE spins.
  
 


Oh and it doesn't stop there!  Thanks to Michael Holman (more info here) I lit this baby up in less than half an hour.  He's in the early stages of an inexpensive alternative to strip LED's for night flying but and man what a result.  The beauty of the whole thing is that the lights illuminate the plane instead of your face as you try and look at your plane!  At 26 grams the weight is not even noticeable other than the fact that the world is dark and the night is your playground!   

No comments:

Post a Comment